If I May Say Productions builds its artistic practice from honoring and cultivating the voice of the artist because, as Gabor Maté states “The Great Art is to express our vitality through the particular channels and at the particular speed Nature foresaw for us.”
In other words, the ability to live one’s life according to one’s own deepest truths, rather than to fulfill someone else’s expectations.
If I May Say Productions believes in the every-day artist experiencing the aesthetics of their world, everyday. Who or what is an every-day artist? You are. So is your mom, dad, significant other, child, coworker, etc. Each person is a masterpiece encountering the world in a vibrant, unique way.
- people making connections to, in & through art-full encounters
- enriching lives in the discovery of art-full culture
- affirming the individual’s aesthetic inclination
This commitment to the individual’s voice draws works uniquely sensitive to personal experience thus creating a holistic, aesthetic practice that is both inspiring and affirming through these phases identified in Maté’s Healing Process:
- Acceptance – willingness to recognize, accept how things are via compassionate curiosity
- Awareness – capacity for emotional truth recognition
- Anger – the energy to say “I matter” empowers & relaxes
- Autonomy – struggle for energetic experience of self; locus of control comes from within
- Attachment – renewal of vulnerability liberates self repression
- Assertion – declaring “I am” and “I am who I am” with no justification for being
- Affirmation – moving towards something of value